OVERVIEW: The Adult/Family Volunteer Staff Development Program recruits, onboards and develops adults 18+ in becoming part of our Volunteer Staff. Ranch Leaders provide all training and no prior horse experience is required. Parents or guardians may bring along their children to help in their volunteer service, provided they remain under direct supervision of the parent or guardian and adhere to all Ranch safety guidelines.
NOTE: All Volunteer Staff are non-paid volunteers who believe in and support the Mission of the Ranch with their time, effort and commitment.
Program Goal: The Volunteer Staff Development Program is the heart and lifeblood of the Ranch in fulfilling its Mission. By recruiting, onboarding and developing a strong Volunteer Staff, the Ranch is able to deliver all of its child-focused programs.
Ideal Volunteer Staff Candidates:
- Committed to the Mission of the Ranch, with children at the forefront
- Teachable, willing to learn and adhere to Ranch protocols
- Physically able to perform duties and work with horses
- Has traits that align with the Ranch’s Brand Identity and Brand Personality (see below)
Program Levels: With the training provided, Staff Volunteers grow and progress at their own pace along a path of increasing challenge and responsibilities. Ranch Leaders provide all training and no prior horse experience is required.
Program Benefits: Once onboarded, Volunteer Staff take part in a number of exclusive benefits at no cost, including, but not limited to:
- Scheduled Professional horsemanship training
- Periodic Volunteer Family Riding Sessions
- Access to volunteer-only communication portal
- Volunteer recognition and events
How to Get Started: Call or message the Ranch